Lilypie 3rd Birthday PicLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, June 21, 2007

new camera

we got a NEW camera!! it's the SONY DSC-T100!! we got it so that we can take nice nice pictures of little Ariel. well, actually we already got a camera. however the old one cannot take CLEAR pictures without the flash mode. (note: we are not supposed to take pictures of babies with the flash on as it will hurt their delicate little eyes). so we got this SONY one cuz it has this anti-shake function. they say this is one of the best camera. (don't ask me who are "they".)

for the past whole week, I've been teaching little Ariel to fall asleep by herself in the cot. before that, she'll only fall asleep if daddy or mummy carry her and walk around the house. for the sake of our future (cannot imagine how life will be like if she's 10kg) and our back, I decided to take action. actually I wanted to do that long time ago, but was too lazy. cuz it takes a lot time and patience to do it. also, I had been thinking which method to use. one is the "cruel" way, i.e, to leave her to cry in her cot when she's tired. eventually she'll fall asleep. as days passed, she'll know how to fall asleep cuz she'll realise her cries will not have her parent's attention. of cuz we will have to bear with the crying. however I find that this is not a good way, cuz I read somewhere if we leave babies to cry for too long, their brain will be hurt in some way and they will think that their parents don't love them.

another one is a more humane way which i opted for. once she shows signs of tiredness, i'll put her down in her cot. of cuz she'll protest, then I'll pat her. if her protest turns into cries, then I'll pick her up and rock her. once she had calmed down, i'll put her down again and pat her. the whole procedure repeats until she fall asleep (that's why I say need patience). eventually she'll supposed to fall asleep by herself in the cot when she's tired. she has not reach the stage of falling asleep by herself, yet but she is progressing well except in the morning. (I guess her memory is too short to remember what she had been taught the day before.) at least I do not have to coax her to sleep by carrying her all the time.

little Ariel likes to suck her fist now. she still don't know that her thumb is smaller and easier to put inside her mouth. she'll suck until her whole fist is wet with her saliva or her mitten is WET. sometimes she'll make the "zut zut" sound.

oh btw, little Ariel just got a scolding from me. she was crying when I tried to change her diaper. after wiping her butt and was preparing to put on the new diaper for her, she pee and wet the changing mat and the new diaper. waste my 50 cents again!! so I scolded her. and you know WHAT? she showed me her toothless smile after I scolded her.

No comments: