Lilypie 3rd Birthday PicLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Friday, May 29, 2009

Zombie Mummy

yesterday I thought to myself, "yeah! finally it's Friday tomorrow!!" but alas, in the wee hours of the morning, I heard Lil Ariel groaning and whining in her sleep. not sure how long it lasted (you know, when you are in a half-conscious state, you can't really estimate the duration accurately) until I finally did something. so I put my hand over her body with my eyes closed. when my hand reached the forehead, my eyes sprung opened. her forehead felt warm, really warm!! I was hoping that it's because my palm was cold due to the cold air (this is quite unlikely though).

I searched for the thermometer in the dark. when I realised that my eyes are not those of an owl, I borrowed the light from my handphone. I finally found it chucked beside a stack of papers/brochures/magazines/letters/bills. her temperature was 38.8. that is high!! I quickly woke Daddy Sam, who was still sleeping like a log throughout, up. he suggested giving her panadol, which I would have thought of if I was given more time.

I came back from the kitchen with 2ml of panadol in a syringe and one Pigeon cool pack. Lil Ariel was already half-woken up by Daddy Sam, so I shot the panadol into her mouth. I knew she wouldn't want to cool pack. so when she was lying beside me, I pasted it cool pack on her forehead. she protested, but I refused to remove my hand from her forehead. I guess she was too sleepy to continue the protest after a while.

so from 4am, I did not really sleep, checking her every now and then. that explains why am I a zombie today. hopefully her fever will go away. she just recovered from her cough and cold last week. haiz...

No comments: