Lilypie 3rd Birthday PicLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Monday, May 25, 2009

Yabado, Ichi Sa(Ya) and Gorjilla

these are the imaginary scary creatures that I came up with to prevent her from wanting to back to the living room when it is night-time. in a desperate attempt confine her in the bedroom one night, I blurted something like this, "you better not go to the living room cuz Yabado is just outside." she gave a blank look. so I told her it is something very scary. she stopped wanting to go out. this is actually not a good way as it will slowly diminish her sense of security. as days go by, she'll lose her confidence and self-worth. so I told myself I won't use that anymore.

BUT sometimes when you realise by doing or saying something that will let you achieve what you wanted, you will keep doing it. so when Lil Ariel refused to let Daddy Sam leave the room at night (if Daddy Sam is around, they will be playing instead of sleeping), I used the excuse that "Daddy needs to fight Yabado".

few nights ago, Lil Ariel had a bad dream and woke up crying. when she saw Daddy Sam beside her, she commanded him to go out and "fight Yabado". she probaby dreamt of Yabado - I wonder how it looks like in her dream. poor Daddy Sam had to hide under the blanket and I hugged Lil Ariel to sleep. when Yabado don't do the trick, Gorjilla (evolved from Godzilla) and Ichi Sa(sometimes become Ichi Ya when I forgotten is Sa) will step in to help. it is a bad habit to kick, I will try not to use that again. but I know I will still use it during desperate moments when she wants to go to the living room and look for her grandma. -_-

No comments: