Lilypie 3rd Birthday PicLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Hard Time Getting to Sleep

I was having a hard time to get to sleep. can't seem to get the right position. books have mentioned that pregnant women should sleep on the left side. sleeping on the left side supposed to help the absorption of nutrients by the baby. other than not being used to sleeping on the left side, the weight of the baby seems to shift to whichever side I sleep on. leaving me feeling uncomfortable. sleeping face up is no-no as the weight of the womb will press on my intestines and 2 of the major arteries. so I bought this wedge pillow from one of the maternity shops at United Square during lunch. it's purpose is to support my tummy. I was thinking what if I turn over to the other side, do I need to wake up and bring the pillow over also??


Jolly Jumper wedge pillow from Mums & Babes

I've finally convinced dear hubby that my weight gain is normal. I've gained 4 kg so far and based on books that I have read, I need to gain another 8 kg. I'm already into my 22nd weeks, which means 18 more weeks to gain the 8kg. that will means I need to gain 400g every week. my weight gain between my visits to Dr See Toh's clinic (once every 3 weeks) is around 1 kg, this is normal! cuz 3 x 400g = 1.2kg.

No comments: