Lilypie 3rd Birthday PicLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Being a Stay-At-Home-Mum (SAHM)

happened to browse through a forum thread on SAHM not getting the respect they deserve. though I'm just a temporary SAHM, I'm fortunate enough not to get despised. I do get comments like 'WAH, so good, can stay at home, don't have to work. ', 'can wake up late.'. yes, life is good, in the sense that I get to see my lil one grows, get to see her learn new tricks. but not in the sense that I don't have to work.

Stay-At-Home-Mums, does not mean being a mother staying at home and DOING NOTHING. they still got to attend to their children's needs, coach them, do housework, etc. not to forget SAHMs actually lost their earning power, which means if they want to buy something for themselves, they have to think twice. and they also miss out a lot of social activities.

however, I'm not saying that Full-Time-Working-Mums' life is easier. they too have to work and after work, they have to look after their children. they lose out to SAHM cuz they can't stay by their little ones 24 hr a day, 7 days a week and watch them grow. all in all, being a mother is not easy.

given a chance, I'll wish to be a SAHM as long as I can. but financially, I can't :(

No comments: